Tuesday, February 20, 2007

There Are Two Types & A Tip

There are two types of men in this world: those who will, every once in awhile, buy a comic book -- just to see what Superman or the X-Men are up to these days -- and those who not only would never think to do such a thing, but would probably disdain the practice to boot.

Suffice it to say, you'd do well to keep a healthy distance from the latter.

Also, a tip: don't ever get the fucking flu. I swear, if a killer flu ever develops, we're all screwed. I've been at death's door since Thursday night.

That said, if you do get the flu, get Tamiflu (prescription only), an antiviral drug. That shit works wonders. Or it seems to. Maybe it did nothing. But if felt like it did something, like smoothed my getting-better, kept it trending upward.

Oh, and I think I accidentally quit smoking. We'll see. As Mark Twain said, "Quitting smoking is easy ... I've done it hundreds of times."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twain also said, "As a rule, I never smoke while sleeping." Dude, that's great if you quit smoking. It's also great that you are on the upswing from the influenza.