Monday, November 06, 2006

Very convenient, gypsy

From The New York Times:
Three and a half years after American troops captured Baghdad and ended the dictatorship of Saddam Hussein, the Iraqi court set up to judge the brutalities of his 24 years in power found him guilty on Sunday of crimes against humanity and sentenced him to death by hanging.
Can anyone spot what's the matter with that sentence? That's right: by hanging. Since when do we hang people, or allow people to hang people? Doesn't seem very freedom-loving to me. Putting someone to death in the first place, probably not the best thing, but at least do it humanely.

Also: very convenient timing for the GOP; almost as convenient as 2004's "October surprise" Bin Laden videotape, which boosted Bush before the election against John Kerry.

I dunno, I dunno what I'm saying. But it does make you wonder. I don't think the neocons are at all above such jury-rigging (meaning subterfuge and sabotage), not for a minute.

No comments: