Thursday, March 08, 2007

My friend Emily

I have a friend named Emily who is currently teaching school in Thailand. Last night I chatted with her via Google Talk and we discussed, among other important issues, Cookie Monster's recent repudiation of cookies. I had been told that he even changed his name to Vegetable Monster.

Emily, shocked and dismayed, did some research and emailed me the results later. What she sent me, which I'll reproduce below, is maybe one of the greatest emails I have ever received.

Emily wrote:
I think the only change made to Cookie Monster is that now he has learned (and tells children) that cookies are just a "sometimes food." A monster does not live on cookies alone. So now he eats other stuff, too, like fruits and veggies. I think the Vegetable Monster thing was just hype following this little change. The end.

No comments: